Chemical Laboratory Assistant
You are interested in chemistry and like to perform experiments? Then training as a chemical laboratory assistant is right for you.
In the process, they plan work and experiment processes and log and/or evaluate work results. They conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses (spectroscopy, chromatography, gravimetry, titrimetry, photometry) on inorganic and organic substances.
At Schunk, chemical laboratory assistants work in research and development or in production laboratories, among other things. There they perform, for example, analyses and quality controls of carbon materials, metals and alloys, oils, greases, plastics, resins, salts, and galvanic baths and thus guarantee the consistently high quality of our end products.
We offer you the following during training:
- Training in a chemical laboratory
- Insights into the physics laboratory and experimental field where you will be familiarized with physical-mechanical testing methods and various ceramic manufacturing methods over a period of a few weeks
- Participation in two practical courses at the Institute for Organic Chemistry at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen
How to impress us:
- Good intermediate or upper school leaving certificate
- Very good grades in scientific subjects
Duration of training
- 3.5 years