Are you fascinated by large production plants and complex technology? Then train as an industrial mechanic at Schunk.
They manufacture components and subassemblies and assemble them into complete systems. These systems can comprise both individual plants and entire production lines, for example for the manufacturing of carbon or sintered metal products. Industrial mechanics equip machines and systems with various tools that are adapted to the product being manufactured. In addition, industrial mechanics are also responsible for the maintenance and servicing of plants and systems.
At the Schunk Group, industrial mechanics can expect extremely varied tasks on production plants for serial parts and our tailored special plants on which Schunk manufactures, for example, molded parts for the automobile industry, carbon brushes for electrical tools, or components for the solar industry.
We offer you the following during training:
- Basic course for working with hand tools
- Courses on the handling of lathes, milling machines, grinders, and drills
- Welding courses
- Pneumatic courses
- Materials science
- Insight into various manufacturing and servicing departments
These prerequisites will help you impress us:
- A good lower secondary school leaving certificate at the very least
- Interest in trade professions
- Good, basic mathematical knowledge
- Good spatial imagination
Duration of training:
- 3.5 years