Physics Laboratory Assistant
You should be interested in the natural sciences and have fun performing experiments if you want to train as a physical laboratory assistant.
At the Schunk Group, physics laboratory assistants are used, for example in research and development, quality control, application technology, work preparation, or the laboratory. In these areas, they perform physical tests on carbon, graphite, or fiber-reinforced materials. They work on projects and take care of the process control of manufacturing processes.
During your training, you will work in the physics laboratory. There, you will learn how to prepare, perform, and document physical measurements and test series, for example. You will test the composition, properties, and quality of our materials. The maintenance and servicing of laboratory equipment, however, also belong to the tasks of a physics laboratory assistant.
We offer you the following during training:
- Training in a physics laboratory
- Materials processing and analyses with thermal, electrical, and optical tests
- X-ray and nuclear radiation measuring technology
- The basics of electrical engineering and instrumentation and control technology
- Servicing of equipment and plants
- Training in regard to occupational safety and environmental protection
How to impress us:
- Good intermediate or upper school leaving certificate
- Very good performance in the subjects of mathematics, physics, and chemistry
Duration of training
- 3.5 years