You like high-tech and have technical skills? These are great prerequisites for training as a process mechanic.
At Schunk, process mechanics are responsible for everything concerned with components made of carbon fiber reinforced materials. Process mechanics accompany the complete manufacturing process from the carbon fibers to the finished product.
During your training, you will be guided through various production steps. You will learn to control winding machines for manufacturing tubes from carbon fibers and handle the pressing of giant carbon fiber plates – high-tech products that are used later in the solar and semiconductor industries. As a process mechanic, you will also be responsible for the subsequent hardening and impregnation of products.
We offer you the following during training:
- Varied training as a process mechanic with a focus on components made of carbon fiber reinforced materials
- Basic course for working with hand tools
- Courses on lathes and milling machines
- Handling of resin baths, impregnation with resin, connection of components, and working on winding machines
- You will learn the complete manufacturing process from the starting materials to the finished composite material
How to impress us:
- A good lower secondary school leaving certificate at the very least
- Interest in trade professions
- Good, basic mathematical knowledge
- Good spatial imagination
Duration of training
- 3 years