You would like to work with machines, but also have technical skills? This is a good combination for training as a toolmaker.
At Schunk, toolmakers manufacture pressing tools for the production of sintered metal parts or graphite components such as those required in the automobile industry.
During your training, you will not only learn all metalworking techniques, but also how to operate automatically and manually controlled machines. Your technical skill is also in demand when the manufactured tools have to be mounted to our production plants in a form-fitting manner at a later point in time.
We offer you the following during training:
- Basic course for working with hand tools
- Courses on the handling of lathes, milling machines, grinders, and drills
- CNC courses
- Pneumatic courses
- Materials science
- Insight into tool construction and serial production
How to impress us:
- A good lower secondary school leaving certificate at the very least
- Interest in trade professions
- Good, basic mathematical knowledge
- Good spatial imagination
Duration of training
- 3.5 years